Cmo responder ante un caso de urticaria angioedema
Hello, during this talk we are going to discuss what to do or how to react to a case of urticariaangioedema. It has been divided into four objectives. The first is to recognize the al picture, its management, know when we really have to refer a patient with urticaria or angioedema to the allergist, request an allergy study and also know a little about nonurticaria angioedema.
Basic concepts of angioedemaurticaria. Urticaria is characterized by the appearance of bumps on any part of the body’s surface. It may or may not be associated with angioedema. It normally lasts less than 24 hours, the lesions go down with vitropression, resolve with living a residual lesion.
It can be divided into chronic or acute; chronic is the type that lasts more than six weeks, and acute lasts less than six weeks. Diagnosing urticariaangioedema is basically al and, contrary to popular belief, the majority of the time there is no associated respiratory involvement, and 20% of the general population can have some type of urticariaangioedema episode in their life without it being caused by an allergic reaction,.
Or call for an allergy study. Well, speaking of possible causes 70% of the urticariaangioedema events are idiopathic, contrary to popular belief, and only the remaining 30% are going to have a definite cause. For the children population, foods are the most common cause, medications in the adult population, of these antibiotics and.
Physical agents, cold, heat, pressure, dermographism, urticaria due to latex, hymenopterous insect bites, autoimmune. And other causes are infectious processes, aquagenic urticaria, cholinergic.
Contact urticaria or induced by exercise. Now we are going to discuss treatment. During the acute phase of the urticaria angioedema episode the first recourse is antihistamines, for example intramuscular desclofeninamine or nonsedative oral antihistamines, always multiplying the dose by two;.
Corticoids, which can be by mouth, intramuscular, or intravenous for example, actocortina 200 milligrams, 40 to 80 milligrams of metilprednisolone. In the event our al picture presents lifethreatening symptoms like aphonia, asphyxia, dizziness, syncope, hypotension, or decrease in saturation, we have to add intramuscular adrenaline to our treatment.